If you are selling your car there are a number of things you can do that will vastly increase the chances of it selling for a good price. Most people will give their car a quick clean before selling but if you spend a little extra time paying attention to areas that are usually left neglected, then potential buyers are more likely to see your car as the more desirable purchase.
1. Ensure your wheel arches are thoroughly cleaned using a degreaser or an all purpose cleaner, suitable brushes and an old wash mitt. They can then be dressed to help rejuvenate the plastic liners. Clean arches really help to give the impression of a well looked after car.
2. Clean the rears of your wheels as well as the faces & spokes. Most people will only clean the front of their wheels and so if you make the effort to also clean your wheel rears with a long reach wheel brush you will help to give your vehicle the upper hand and can even make it look like it is not heavily used, even if it is.
3. Dressing your tyres really finishes off the look of a freshly cleaned car. If arches and wheels have been properly cleaned, dressing the tyres will help to compliment these parts. Faded, tired, brown looking tyres are guaranteed to bring down the look of an otherwise clean car.
4. Rusty lug nuts look tatty and leave your car looking neglected and old. They should be removed and painted to give them a fresh new look. You do not have to spend allot of time doing this, a few light coats of satin silver or black spray paint before refitting will greatly help to improve the look of the exterior.
5. License plates should be replaced if they are cracked, oxidized or faded. You may think that prospective buyers will not care about license plates and will overlook them but a new set will help to give your car a fresher more youthful appearance.
6. Your engine bay should be thoroughly cleaned & dressed. Most people neglect the engine so if a prospective buyer views your car after viewing one with a dirty oily engine bay then it will help to leave a good impression and show that you care about the car.
7. Door shuts should be cleaned to remove any loose debris or build up of grease and dirt from around the hinges. The door shuts are one of the most common areas for rust to form so if they are clean and contaminant free it lets potential buyers know that rust is not likely to be a problem in the near future.
8. Your upholstery and headlining should be thoroughly cleaned to rejuvenate, freshen and brighten up the interior. Most people will only vacuum off the interior and will probably not touch the headlining so you will have the advantage of having a fully restored interior.
9. Leather should be deep cleaned using appropriate brushes and cleaning products to remove dirt from the grain. After cleaning, leather should be fed/conditioned to prevent it from drying out and keep it supple. This process will also help to bring back the original scent of the leather which is very desirable especially when trying to sell your car.
10. Plastics and trim should be cleaned and rejuvenated using appropriate products. Interior plastics & trim should be cleaned and dressed with a product that leaves a natural, non greasy finish while the exteriors should be treated with a durable product that will give a deep dark finish and protect them from rainwater & UV rays.